Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lea's headstone



We are in the process of getting Lea's headstone all ready to be put in the cemetary this spring. I went back to Iowa this last weekend to go with my Dad on Friday to talk with the Monument people. I would definitely recommend them, they were so friendly and nice, they weren't pushy and just very genuine down to earth people. That makes a huge difference when you're going through such a sad experience, yet you are doing all you can to make Lea proud and give her a headstone that honors her properly. Anyhow, their website is www.harrisonmonuments.com, they are a little location in Warsaw, IL believe it or not! I worked with Danyelle who is just a sweetheart. Well, yesterday she and I were emailing back and forth a few 20 times and we finally came to a pretty good decision (with my Dad's approval ofcourse) for Lea's headstone. I'm going to attach the pictures, but keep in mind.. these are just drawings now and it will look much better on the actually black granite. There is also a vase on the side that you can see. The granite is in a mountain shape. Let me know what you think!
In case you can't read her poem, it says;
You were a precious gift from God above,so much beauty, grace and love.You touched our hearts in so many ways,your smile so bright even on bad days.You heard God's whisper calling you home,you didn't want to go and leave us alone.You loved us so much, you held on tight,until all strength was gone and could no longer fight.
We know those we love don't go away
You still walk beside us every day
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear.Your memory is our keepsake with which we'll never partGod has you in His keeping, we have you in our hearts.
I stole part of it and wrote part of it, I think it fits Lea perfectly!

3 comments:

Варенье said...

You guys did a great job! I like the picture and the poem, I like everything!!

Tara said...

You and your family did a good job, I think Lea would be proud of all of you and how well you guys are working through this.

Anonymous said...

That monument is beautiful! Good choice!